Tuesday 14 March 2017

Resultado de imagem para omg


Put the verbs into the correct tense (simple past or past continuous).

1. When I …(do) the washing-up, I …(break) a plate.
2. While Tom …(play) the piano, his mother …(do) the washing-up.
3. He …(drink) some juice and then he …(eat) a few chips.
4. I …(have) dinner when I suddenly …(hear) a loud bang.
5. When my father …(work)  in the garden, an old friend …(pass) by to see him.
6. She …(go) to school, …(take) out her textbook and …(begin) to learn.
7. When it …(start) to rain, our dog …(want) to come inside.
8. When Jane …(do) a language course in Ireland, she …(visit)  Blarney Castle.
9. When I …(be) on my way home, I …(see) an accident.
10. I …(not/understand)  what they …(talk) about.

When I was doing the washing-up, I broke a plate.
While Tom was playing the piano, his mother was doing the washing-up.
He drank some juice and then he ate a few chips.
I was having dinner when I suddenly heard a loud bang.
When my father was working in the garden, an old friend passed by to see him.
She went to school, took out her textbook and began to learn.
When it started to rain, our dog wanted to come inside.
When Jane was doing a language course in Ireland, she visited Blarney Castle.
When I was on my way home, I saw an accident.
I did not understand what they were talking about.


Put the verbs into the correct tense (simple past or past perfect).

1. When he . . . (wake up), his mother …(already/prepare) breakfast.
2. We …(go) to London because the Queen …(invite) us for tea.
3. He …(hear) the news, …(go) to the telephone and …(call) a friend.
4. When she …(start) to learn English, she…(already/learn) French.
5. Jane …(already/type) ten pages when her computer …(crash).
6. By the time he …(arrive) at the pub, they …(run) out of beer.
7. Before that day we …(never/think) of going to Japan.
8. I …(know) him for a long time before I …(meet) his family.
9. They …(not/know) where to meet because nobody …(tell) them.
10. It …(be) cloudy for days before it finally …(begin) to rain.

When he woke up, his mother had already prepared breakfast.
We went to London because the Queen had invited us for tea.
He heard the news, went to the telephone and called a friend.
When she startedto learn English, she had already learned French.
Jane had already typed ten pages when her computer crashed.
By the time he arrived at the pub, they had run out of beer.
Before that day we had never thought of going to Japan.
I had known him for a long time before I met his family.
They did not know where to meet because nobody had told them.

It had been cloudy for days before it finally began to rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment