Monday 15 May 2017

RELATIVE CLAUSES


Resultado de imagem para relative pronouns
 Rewrite these sentences.
                 I gave you a book. It had many pictures.
                                I am reading a book at the moment. It is very interesting.
                 You live in a town. The town is very old.
                The sweets are delicious. I bought them yesterday.
               The football match was very exciting. My friend played in it.
                The letter hasn't arrived yet. I posted it three days ago.
               He lives in a house. The house is not very big.
               They are playing a song on the radio. Do you like it?
               Jane wore a beautiful shirt yesterday. Did you see it?
               Sue is going out with a boy. I don't like him.

Correct the following sentences and decide if the relative clause is defining or non-defining.
1. That's the house where I was born in.
2. My Auntie Ella  which is a journalist is coming to visit next week.
3. People whose like outdoor activities will love our holidays.
4. The early 1960s which the Beatles first started was a very exciting time in popular culture.
5. My essay on Shakespeare I found quite difficult got a really good mark in the end.
6. The Mayans lived in Central America built many stunning temples.
7. That's the girl which brother is in your class.

No comments:

Post a Comment